How do thousands of dollars of free media coverage sound?
Too good to be true? It’s not!
I’ve found an amazing tool to let you do just this.
Now to be upfront, the tool itself isn’t free – but seriously, it’s $77, and you’ll need to provide a product, again not free… BUT getting thousands of dollars of coverage from the likes of GQ, Better Homes, and Gardens, Take 5, Shape, Home Beautiful, Various Radio Stations and so many other companies big and small doesn’t cost you any form of advertising spend.
So how does it work?
Firstly, you’ll sign up with PrizePig – you can sign up for free to check it out.
Then have a look around, and have a look at the offers available. The premise of PrizePig is media companies are always looking for prizes etc. so in return for delivering a prize that their customers will love – they are happy to promote you.
Each offer is different, but once you go and have a look around, you’ll find something that works. Now there is a range of options, from TV and print to Facebook and Radio – the opportunities are endless.
I see this working for you in a number of different ways:
- You’ve got a new product that you want to get to market, you find an outlet that matches your targeting and you provide an awesome sample/version of your product.
- You want to boost sales on an existing product, offer it up to a company that corresponds with your market.
- Think because you are a service you can’t use this platform? Think again. Offer a corresponding product to your service. If you’re a PT or health coach, you can offer recipe books, fitness equipment, or gift cards. If you’re in business, you could offer stationary or office tech.
Bright Red Marketing!
Want digital marketing tips, strategies and updates delivered straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to Bright Red Marketing.
The opportunities with this are endless, and if you can supply your own product as a prize – it’s really not going to cost you very much, especially in comparison to the amount of media value it’s worth!
Some things to keep in mind:
- Your targeting needs to be spot on, make sure you’re reaching the right people. You’re better off going with a smaller company that is more targeted, than going for the big guys if that’s not your market.
- Your offer needs to represent your brand. Offer a high-quality version of your product or a gift that matches your brand. If you’re a luxury brand, make sure your prize screams luxury. If you are cool and funky, make sure your prize says the same.
- Ensure your website is optimized and ready for press coverage before it goes live. If you’re expecting lots of web traffic or Facebook traffic, make sure you’ve got tracking pixels, opt-ins, and push notifications ready to go so you can capture any incoming traffic and keep in touch!
- Most importantly make sure you work this into your broader strategy. It needs to make sense with the rest of your brand story.
- At the end of the day, this is an exceptional way to gain more business, more exposure, and boost your brand. It’s also a genius way to launch your product or service on a small budget.
Let me know how you go! I’d love to see how it works for you